Star PCD Cup
$126.00 – $155.00
Our Premium Star PCD Cup features Star Segments that provide you with greater control and a smooth finish. Grind floors and remove coatings faster than regular cups.
This cup includes the benefits of PCDs and Star Segments in one tool for maximum efficiency. Our Polycrystalline Star PCD cups are extraordinarily abrasive, resistant, and much easier to work with. Additionally, the Star shape has TWICE the amount of leading edges than any other segment shape allowing for a higher wear rate.
Combined it makes for a 2-in-1 tool that will master surface prep tasks.
Quality Level: Professional Grade
Materials: Mastics/Glue/Epoxies/Paint/Hard Concrete/Trowelled Surfaces
Equipment: Angle Grinder
How to Use:
- Choose the correct specification and diameter for your application.
- If the cup is non-threaded, it comes with a 7/8” arbor hole and a press fitted 7/8”-5/8” brass bushing. This allows the grinder’s lock nut retainers to hold the cup in place.
- Always review the manual for safe mounting procedures. Assure that the grinder flange is clean and free of burrs so that the cup seats the flush.
- Maintain the RPMs of the grinder and do not force the cup. For a smooth finish, keep it moving in a steady motion over the floor to avoid gouging.
- Make sure the grinder is functional. A bent spindle or dirty flanges will cause the cup to wobble.
- Check the bearings on the grinder and see if the segments wore unevenly. Even if a grinder bearing is out of round, a diamond cup will wear to that angle and will grind successfully.
Tips & Tricks: Some cup wheels have threaded mounting holes. Threaded cups allow a higher cup profile and will not fit under some dust shrouds. Dust shrouds must have an opening of approximately 1/8” between the floor and shroud. Too wide of a gap will reduce the vacuum’s power.