General Purpose Swirly Cup
$19.00 – $62.00
Add quantities of 10x to your cart to get special 10 pack pricing.
The Swirly Cup (General Purpose) is designed for levelling a variety of materials like concrete, masonry and natural stone. It features angled diamond segments which provide a wider grinding pattern, covering more surface area. This design reduces the swirl marks that single and double row cups usually produce.
Expect fast and smooth grinding without deep gouges on a wide range of materials. Additionally, it will remove Thinset, glues, urethanes and most sealers.
When creating this product, we decided to take our top selling Swirly Cup and reduce the diamond segment lowering the price…but not the performance! Perfect for small jobs when you don’t want to invest heavily in tooling.
Available in 4.5”, 5”and 7” sizes.
Quality Level: Professional Grade, 30-40 Grit
Materials: Cured Concrete/Granite/Masonry/Natural Stone
Equipment: Angle Grinder
How to Use:
- Choose the correct specification and diameter for your application.
- If the cup is non-threaded, it comes with a 7/8” arbor hole and a press fitted 7/8”-5/8” brass bushing. This allows the grinder’s lock nut retainers to hold the cup in place.
- Always review the manual for safe mounting procedures. Assure that the grinder flange is clean and free of burrs so that the cup seats the flush.
- Maintain the RPMs of the grinder and do not force the cup. For a smooth finish, keep it moving in a steady motion over the floor to avoid gouging.
- Make sure the grinder is functional. A bent spindle or dirty flanges will cause the cup to wobble.
- Check the bearings on the grinder and see if the segments wore unevenly. Even if a grinder bearing is out of round, a diamond cup will wear to that angle and will grind successfully.
Tips & Tricks: Some cup wheels have threaded mounting holes. Threaded cups allow a higher cup profile and will not fit under some dust shrouds. Dust shrouds must have an opening of approximately 1/8” between the floor and shroud. Too wide of a gap will reduce the vacuum’s power.