Carbide Chunk / Demo / Root Splitter (4″-16″)
Call us for bulk pricing. 800-282-6470
The Carbide Demolition Blade has a single row of embedded carbide chunks. These types of sharp and jagged leading edges do the cutting, leaving a wide rough cut.
In the removal process, the Carbide Demolition Blade also preps the sidewall of the joints giving them a “tooth” to accept the new sealant material.
Angle grinders use small diameter blades to remove joint sealant and caulking from expansion joints which finish with any soft filler such as polyurethane or non-hardening epoxies. The 12″ – 16″ blades used in demolition cut stubborn materials that abrasive diamond blades simply cannot.
Quality Level: Professional Grade
Materials: Wood/Ice/Tar/Gravel Roofing/Shingles/Asphalt/Sheet Metal Plastic/Tires etc.
Equipment: High Speed Saws/Angle Grinders
How to Use:
- Make sure that you have chosen the proper blade for the application.
- Assure that the saw blade flange, shaft and guard are in good condition. Check your manufacturer’s user guide for safety precautions.
- Mount the blade in the proper rotation. Check for an arrow on the saw blade or look at the diamond segment to determine the direction. The diamond in the matrix appears as a “comet” with a diamond head and a “tail” following behind. The direction of the blade follows the “comet”.
- When cutting through a slab, make sure that you clear the blade from the cut before the slab shifts. If not, you could pinch the blade between the slabs immediately inhibiting the blade and possibly tearing away segments.
- To remove the blade, cut it free from the slab using another blade instead of pulling it out or risk bending the core.
Tips & Tricks:
Never force the blade to cut, allow the weight of the saw be the cutting pressure. Always keep the RPMs of the saw constant.
Start by making a very shallow ½” cut to establish a base guide.
If the blade becomes dull, cut a concrete block to re-dress the blade.
Anything that is extremely abrasive or fine should be cut with a material specific blade.